Saturday, August 10, 2013

Writing my journey is becoming hard work.

It is difficult to go back and try to sort out what I knew at the time of what I now believe and to try to convey how life changing it was and is.

I have 3 draft posts in various stages of development, one on baptism, one on the Church and another one that I would have to leave this post to refresh my memory on.  That one will probably end up in the discard pile. LOL

I want to write about the present for a break.  I have really changed and am really changing on the inside, in my spiritual life.  It is like a major remodel, an "extreme makeover".  I have been and am being delivered from my idols, my besetting sins.  I am becoming integrated as a person.  I am becoming "human" as God intended me to be. And the changes are working their way outward into my life.  God is at work and He is using everything and everybody in the past and present in His work on me.

I actually pray a lot now, talking to God, God talking to me, revealing things.  I am becoming a patient, considerate driver because the longer it takes to get somewhere the longer I have to pray.  My thought life is becoming more pure, true and wholesome.  The Holy Trinity, Mary, the Saints and Angels are becoming constant companions.

And joy, I have a lot more joy which makes sharing the faith easier because I want everyone to experience that joy.  And yet, I am finding that I am understanding people a lot better, respecting their dignity that God has given them and I know the roadblocks to faith personally and the catastrophic wounds we can receive in this world.  And so much of my evangelism is done via prayer and seeking to love and serve them.  As St. Francis of Assisi said, "Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary use words."

Time to go.  Please feel free to comment.  I have viewers from a variety of countries with Russians, Dutch and Germans being the most frequent viewers besides Americans.  Welcome.  I took a year and a half of Russian and a Russian civilization course in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment