Monday, June 10, 2013

What's in a name?

Well, I have been a bit of an ecclesiastical butterfly and I had to come up with a Title for my new blog that was available so voila!  The roost piece refers to the fact that I swam the Tiber as they say in 2010 and became a Roman Catholic.  I started out life being baptized as an infant in the mainline Presbyterian Church which I left at age 14, living as a pagan for 6 years before having a conversion experience at age 20 and becoming an evangelical non-denominational Christian.  For the next 36 years, I learned how to study the Bible, teach and preach but I was looking for a fuller, more consistent walk with Jesus which led me to the Catholic Church looking for help.  I will be posting some of the things I have learned or currently am thinking about in and on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment