Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I sing for I cannot be silent, His love is the theme of my song

Fanny Crosby, the hymnwriter and author of the hymn Redeemed from whence the title of this post comes,  and I are kindred spirits.  We have never met in person since she died about half a century before I was born.

Do you ever get excited about God and at the same time are filled with intense longing for Him?  Or am I crazy?  When I get this way, I just feel like I have to express it or I'll bust.  I can't concentrate on anything else until I express it or it will take a long time to seep out.

Kind of like that Don Francisco song, "Got to tell somebody...".

Anyway, thanks, Fanny, for writing words that unlock my joy and give it expression.  I'm looking forward to meeting you.  Here's the link but watch out, it might get stuck in your head and start coming out and then you will get strange looks from folks.  :)

http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/r/e/redeemed.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment