Saturday, September 7, 2013

Why did I become a Catholic? I noticed that they took a lot of the passages I didn't understand literally.

Once I took these passages literally then they made sense and it also validated the Catholic teachings.

One example I have already mentioned is that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, is also the Mother of all Christians and is Queen in heaven as the mother of the King of Kings, standing on the moon with a crown of 12 stars.  Revelation 12:1 and 17.

Another example is baptism (I am still working on my posts for that topic).  I laid some of the Scriptures and some of the Catechism out in my two posts on that topic so far.

Another example that I will be writing about is the Eucharist or communion.  It is how Jesus gives us His flesh and blood to eat in order to give us life in a literal fulfillment of what He said in John 6.  He lost most of his followers as well as ticking off the religious authorities with that message.  So much so, that He even asked the Twelve, "Are you going to leave me also?"  Peter replied, "Lord, to whom shall we go, you have the words of eternal life."  There have been many times in my life as a believer when I was at a crossroads because of some hard lesson from Jesus when that question has come up.  And then I remember Peter's reply and say it to Jesus and choose His path.

You will notice Jesus didn't back down and soften His message in John 6.  He didn't say, "Hey, come back, folks.  That was just for dramatic emphasis, I didn't really mean it.  I was just talking in "spiritual" terms."

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  He is the ultimate reality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment